A Fresh Perspective on New Directions
Lately, I've been in a space of contemplation and evaluation. Well, let's be honest, I'm often in that space. What's been different about this recent round of reflection is something I happened across quite by accident. With last week's full moon and lunar eclipse, there were many astrological reels to examine online, and I happily went down many of these rabbit holes. One tarot reading I watched really stood out to me.
It wasn't so much the nuances regarding Virgo season that caught my attention, as many of the messages being shared were ones I was already aware of. The part that grabbed me was about decisions being made or changed as a result of the shifting energy surrounding the new astrological season we are entering.
As the tarot reader moved through the cards she had drawn, explaining how they might manifest, she mentioned that the cards were indicating changes and new decisions being made. She emphasized that, just because changes would be taking place, they didn't discount what had been happening up to this point. Just because we are taking a fresh start or going in a new direction doesn't automatically mean that the one we were on was all bad. We can hold our past choices in reverence as being equally as good as the new ones we are making. The only difference is that our new decisions are based upon where we find ourselves today, and may better reflect who we currently are.
While this might not seem very mind-blowing, it was for me. You see, I am someone who tends to justify a new decision by casting judgment on previous ones I have made. I have a hard time changing my mind without feeling like I need a valid reason to do so, and often that leads me to poke holes in and discount previous decisions I have made. Perhaps it stems from a long-held belief that being right is good and being wrong is bad, and to alleviate any sense of wrongdoing, I need to vet and validate any changes to my life plan. As if anyone is keeping score, aside from me.
Stumbling upon this reel really opened my eyes to a destructive habit that has potentially held me back or delayed my course correction until I could find a justifiable reason to do so. It has stopped me from trusting my instincts and listening to the little inner voice that tends to know what I need even before I am fully aware. It has also fed into spiraling thoughts and overthinking at times, zapping energy I could have directed towards embarking on a new direction.
I love the idea that we can hold old choices and new ones in our hearts and feel equally good about them - just because we feel the need to make a change doesn't mean that the current situation we are in is all bad. It might just mean that there is something even more suited to us if we open ourselves up to it.
Comments
Post a Comment